Let's get started, shall we?
1. I thought I'd start with a lice update. I have to say, I wouldn't wish this bug on my worst enemy! It's awful.
We originally thought it hadn't spread. However, after further reading, I discovered I needed to THOROUGHLY check all the girls. Upon such inspection, they each had at least a nit. So last Saturday (the 12th) we washed all the girls' hair again. And this time I used a lot more shampoo! And we (and by "we" I mean "I") checked each girl every. single. day. last week! That's about 2 hours per night of lice check. The hubby was worthless. He tried and failed to find anything (he missed two nits in one small section of hair) and tangled the hair into such a mess it took me 10 minutes just to comb it out.
It now appears the three girls are all OK but the one who brought it home to begin with still has nits. So we will continue to check her hair every single night. And I'll probably still check the other girls at least every two or three days.
I have never done so much laundry in my life. Seriously. My water bill this month is going to be ginormous! Ugh.
2. In other, much happier news, we are beginning to book our Disney World vacation. We're going to take a week in October and go to the Happiest Place on earth again. The last time we visited, we only had two kids. We're all really looking forward to it and I think the girls are all at a great age!
We've already scheduled our breakfast with the princesses at Cinderella's castle. And I think we're going to stay in a two bedroom villa at Sarasota Springs. We'll find out the first week of June if we can pull it off. I'm crossing my fingers because it's beautiful AND it has a full kitchen. When there are six of you, cooking breakfast in your room can mean saving big $.
3. I didn't get a long run in this weekend. Why? It wasn't because we were too busy (although our mornings were full). It was because I took a nasty spill last Tuesday afternoon. Boo.
I tripped on some bolts sticking up in the middle of the path. (Another story - need to call the city and ask them to remove the bolts.) Anyway, I went down HARD. The full weight of my body basically landed on my knee which landed on the corner of the bridge. It was nasty. Thankfully, I was with a group of fellow runners, including my husband, so he ran back to get the car. And my friend, Laura, walked while I hobbled out to the nearest street to wait for the hubby to arrive.
It is still slightly swollen but at least I can walk now. I'm going to try spin class tomorrow and see how it goes. My fingers are crossed!
4. #1 had her last soccer game last night. And #2 had a game this morning. (She's still not done because they have a make-up game in June.) I was able to photograph #2's game. Here she is trying not to notice me taking pictures of her.
She is so funny. In almost every image I captured of her I noticed her mouth is wide open. And she's either scowling or smiling. She just loves to play soccer!
She had a few great moves today. It's getting really fun to watch her and her team play. They are getting so much better and so much more deliberate.
5. I spent a couple hours today sanding our deck. It's a job! I am using 60 grit sandpaper so you'd think the old paint would come right off, right? Not so much. It takes a lot of work to get it off. I'd love to just rip down the whole deck and put up something with composite lumber. But alas, we need new floors inside our house much more than we need a new deck. Bummer. The sanding will continue. In fact, I see my future next weekend!
6. Last night the hubby and I actually used a babysitter. Not a free, family member, babysitter. But a real, live, PAID babysitter. I totally think we haven't had a paid babysitter since back when we only had three kids!
It was awesome. The girls had a great time and so did we. We went to a patio party and met a bunch of other people that we've seen around school but had never met. Plus, we were able to hang out and talk with everyone. We had so much fun! (I think we need to get out more, huh?!)
And there you have it - Six on Sunday. Have a great week! Here's one last photo for your enjoyment. This is #4's new favorite: