For those of you who celebrate, Happy Easter!
What a beautiful weekend?! We enjoyed it immensely. It is just so nice to be able to get out of the house and blow off some steam. Loved it.
Without further adieu, here's my Six on Sunday:
1. Yesterday we had soccer. #2 played at 10:00 and #1 at 10:30. And get this...they were both at the same soccer complex. WooHoo! That rarely happens. Since my hubby coaches #1's team, that means if the games cross over at all, I have the other three kids by myself. All that boils down to I don't get to see a lot of soccer. But yesterday was nice. I had a little help AND got to watch my girls play.
2. We waited until the very last minute to dye eggs. We did it last night about 7:30pm. We had to wait for #4 to go to bed. Can you imagine that? Ugh. The girls had a blast. Of course, I had to buy the kit with NINE different colors. Note to self: Next year, the fewer colors the better. Here's a few snaps from their creative work:
3. This morning we hunted for eggs. Of course the Easter Bunny is a lot like Santa. He only comes when the girls are sleeping. So when they woke up this morning, they found their baskets and a whole bunch of eggs. They are actually really good about sharing the eggs. The older two love to help #3 find the eggs. And she's good with that as long as they don't pick them up for her. There were only a couple little comments about who got more...not bad in my opinion.
4. And just so you don't think we lost one, here is a picture of #4. Of course she could not care less about any of this. She just liked to shake the eggs because it made a neat sound. And you see her "pose"? I can't take pictures of her anymore b/c she immediately stops what she's doing to crawl over to me and get my camera. Not good. And yes, she's wearing her Christmas PJs. That's just how roll around here at the McGrath house.
5. We didn't go to church until noon. That's a little late, but we figured that way #4 could take her morning nap and we wouldn't have to rush. To put it into perspective, I started getting ready at 10:00. I did not stop getting ready until we left at 11:40! Yes, it takes a lot to motivate the troops around here on Sunday morning.
After church we took a couple pictures to document the fact that we were all dressed up. I snapped Patrick with the girls and he did the same. Can you tell a difference in the composition?
6. Lastly, we rode our bikes to Deanna Rose this afternoon. While I'm disappointed that they charge admission now, it's still a good deal and the girls love it. It's really nice to find a place to go that they all four enjoy. Given their age span, that's a rarity. And it was so fun to be able to ride our bikes together. Last summer #4 was too small for bike riding, so I usually got left behind. But this summer is going to be different - awesome!
That's it. I failed to take pictures of our excursion to Deanna Rose. But I'm totally OK with that. Sometimes it's nice to put down the camera and just enjoy being in the moment rather than documenting the moment.
Have a great week! I have a few ideas for some blog posts, so check back in later.