Yes, I'm blogging on Super Bowl Sunday! Can you believe that? Actually, we had a great night with friends but I needed to get the littles to bed at a decent time so I left the festivities early. It was best for the girls AND my waist line!
1. Don't hate me but I'm going to do it again. Post another pictures of our cat. Isn't she simply gorgeous? We are so lucky to have found her!
I mean, look at her. Isn't she regal? But she's such a softie, too. She loves to snuggle and cuddle with us. In fact, she is always waiting by the door when we come home. She's like our own personal greeter. Love that.
2. Remember how the three little girls got their hair cut last weekend? Well, this weekend it was #1's turn. I thought she was just going to get a trim. But she cut off a little more than that. Here is her before shot:
Are you ready?...
Wait for it...
I have to do this to you...
Here it comes...
the big reveal...
I know it's not the best angle, but it is really cute on her. And most importantly, she loves it. But she does look much older and that makes me a little wistful...
3. This weather is killing me lately. It's been so cold that I haven't run the past two Thursday mornings. (Only Tuesday mornings.) And I've really started enjoying having my Tuesday and Thursday lunch hours to myself. Oh well...it can't last forever.
Today the hubby and I joined my group of friends for a long run. We fit in 8 miles. It was a beautiful morning with good friends, good conversation, and sunny weather. Loved it.
4. I spent the weekend painting. Yep, painting. I primed and put two coats of stinky, oil-based paint on the risers of our stairs. I also managed to get two coats of paint on the trim piece on the wall side of the stairs. Lastly, I primed the spindles lining the stairs. It's been hard but I feel a sense of accomplishment. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Here is Friday night. Taped and ready to go:
Here are the stairs with the first coat of paint on the risers and that trim piece. See how white they are?
The post at the bottom and the handrail still needs a couple coats of black paint. That will come. There are only so many hours in the day and I wanted to spend some time with my family!
5. Next Friday my friend, Christi, and I are going to pop some tags. I can't wait! Unlike Macklemore, I hope to spend a little more than $20. (That is NOT the radio friendly version, FYI.)
We know we're going to hit Mission Mall Antique Mall and the shops down in the West Bottoms. But if anyone in KC has any suggestions, we'll take them! I've popped in and out of a few thrift shops around town, but I don't have any that I HAVE to visit. So seriously, send in your suggestions!
6. Do you want my menu for the week? OK. Here it is:
Monday: Chipotle Black Bean burgers + fruit
Tuesday: Skinny Creamy Italian Chicken Skillet + salad
Wednesday: Avacado, Mozzarella and Bruschetta Chicken + broccoli
Friday: Pizza + Fruit
Saturday: Pot Roast + roasted potatoes + green beans
And there you have it! Six on Sunday. Have a great week, everyone!