Did you watch the big game? I had it on TV but probably only actually saw one or two plays! I also didn't really notice any good commercials. Am I sad about it? Not at all! I still had fun.
1. We had good friends over to watch the game. (Our Okoboji friends!) In total, we had eight crazy kids running around tonight. We had a great time. I made meatballs for subs. And we had a bunch of other munchy food. Now that's my kind of night!
2. I gave the hubby the Steve Jobs biography for Christmas but I hijacked it. I'm nearly done and I have to say, it's been a great read! It's really fun because I grew up in this era and I recognize all the major markers in history. Pong? You bet! The first Macintosh computers? For sure - in school. iPod? iPhone? iPad? They were all in the last 10 years so it's been very interesting. He definitely wasn't Mr. Nice Guy but learning all the ins and outs of these devices has been fascinating. I highly recommend it.
3. #3 had her kindergarten check-up last Monday. She was so brave. She cried a little while she got her three shots but she rallied quickly. I was very proud of her. And to celebrate we stopped at Dunkin Doughnuts before I dropped her off school. I know she liked her doughnut and hot chocolate but she LOVED spending one on one time with me. And that was precious.
Here is the shot I took on my iPhone. I altered it slightly to put in my Project 365 album:
4. I have a really, really sad story to tell. You see, I was so excited to get my iPhone last month. I loved it and it was fabulous. Yes, I'm talking past tense. Yesterday, I absentmindedly put it in my back jean's pocket. You know where this is going, don't you? Yep. It fell in the toilet. And then it got stuck. I couldn't get it out. The hubby finally got it out and ran upstairs to blow dry it. Right now it's sitting in a bowl of rice. But I feel like I've lost her. And although I didn't have insurance, it wouldn't have done me any good because it doesn't cover water damage.
I can either buy a new one withOUT the subsidy or I can use my old Blackberry. Neither option sounds very good right now. And I'm currently without a phone. I'm giving her 4 days to dry out before I officially lay her to rest. Please wish me luck!
5. #1 and I each tried a new recipe this weekend. She made these chocoloate covered chocolate chip peanut butter cookie dough football shaped cookies and I made these dill pickle french fries. I would classify both a success. Try them!
6. #1 and I made the trek out to Lee's Summit yesterday to pick up a $10 brass chandelier. Don't adjust your glasses. You read that right. Brass. Chandelier. But don't worry. It's going to be awesome! I'm going to put it in my laundry room after I spray paint it bright red. The hubby thinks I'm nuts but I can't wait!
All right, folks. That's all I've got. It's been a long day. Have a great week and please say a little prayer for my iPhone. Just kidding. Kind of. But not really.