Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! I hope you all had a fantastic day - for reals.
1. I had a nice Mother's Day. We didn't have anything scheduled - no soccer games, no swim meets, nothing! It was almost strange not to be running from activity to activity. We enjoyed a slower day, that's for sure.
I slept in - 'till 8am. Seriously awesome. The hubby made a fantastic breakfast of homemade cinnamon rolls, sausage, and scrambled eggs. The coffee was ready right when I rolled out of bed. That is perfection. This afternoon the whole family rode our bikes to the playground. Now that #3 can ride a bike without training wheels it's getting really exciting! And after a steak dinner we headed to Orange Leaf for a little dessert. So nice. Not to mention the weather was beautiful. All in all, it was a lovely day.
2. My friend, Carmen, and I paced the Scout Strong half marathon yesterday. I have to say - it was my least favorite half marathon. Ever. It was out by the Legends where there is not a tree or a building to block the wind. It felt like gale force winds plus it's really hilly. I didn't mind the hills but the wind was out-of-this-world awful! And to make it worse, the first aid station wasn't until mile 3.8! That's a little far. Lastly, the mile markers were WAY OFF. And for someone like me who doesn't wear a Garmin, I count on the mile markers. I doubt I'd do that one again.
3. #4's class had a birthday party for a dog on Friday. It was so funny. The kids were SUPER excited! #4 informed me that I was expected to attend as were all her sisters. Of course we didn't want to disappoint her, so we hit up the party. Too funny.
4. Carmen and I just couldn't get enough of each other this weekend and she came over last night to catch up on a little scrapbooking! I've been doing great keeping up with my Project Life but I want to have a School Years book for all the girls. Well, I had only gotten through first grade for #1. (Remember, she's now almost done with 6th grade.) I had purchased a kit years and years ago for #2 (who is almost done with 4th grade) but hadn't even started it.
Well, I have now ordered all the pictures that need to go in those books. The next time we get together I can assemble the books. They're really very simple - just a few pages for each grade. And this way each daughter will have a book of her own.
5. The hubby and I are going to South Beach it (the diet) for the next two weeks. We'd like to get back to a baseline weight and start the summer off on the right foot. That means one important thing - we are giving up beer for almost two weeks! Yikes. It will be hard but it's time. Wish us luck.
6. My friend, Christi, and I went thrifting again this weekend. We had so much fun! We each came away with some sweet items. Here's my loot:
I found two cute milk glass vases - $2.50 each. I can afford that! I also found that sweet milk glass serving bowl - or whatever it is. It was just too pretty to pass up. I think it was around $17? Those two brass ducks? $3. Yeah, baby! And finally, Pyrex. I've been wanting to buy new stacking bowls for awhile and these were so cute. $45 for the set. And the Pyrex rectangle container with the lid? Already used it today. Sweet! $20.
And there you have my recap. I hope you have a great week!