Hello! I hope you all had a great weekend. Ours was very full. I don't want to use the word "busy" because I feel like it has a negative connotation to it these days. So I'm going with "full".
1. I have to start off this post by wishing my sister HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope she had a great dinner celebration last night because I know she studied most of the day today. Her kids had a sleepover with our kids last night last so she and her main squeeze could celebrate in style - aka sushi! However, being in school (for her Nurse Practitioner degree) put a little damper on her actual day today. Can you imagine studying on your birthday? Me, either! At least the light is at the end of the tunnel - graduation in May. And could I be any more proud? I don't think so.
Here she is from last weekend with her boyfriend:
2. Friday night started with homemade pizza which is always a hit. However, #1 had swim at 6pm so she didn't get to eat until she got home. #3 had soccer skills and just barely got it in given it downpoured about 15 minutes before she started!
And what did I do? Well, I sanded ceilings - the little girls room and walk-in closet. It was so gross!
Since we are getting new carpet in the near future, we decided there is no time like the present! So the hubby scraped and then patched in the ceiling and I sanded it. (I tried patching it in with mud but I hated it and was so bad at it that the hubby just took over. And I let him.)
Don't be too jealous of our crazy Friday night!
3. Saturday was full of soccer games - three, to be precise. But first, I had to drop #1 off at swim practice which mean I was up at 6:30am. On a Saturday. So gross.
Then, #3 had a soccer game at 8:15am which is early for her. But man, does she play tough. And by tough, I mean pushing and shoving. That kid is gonna get called by the ref any day! But she had a great game and scored a goal. She was pretty happy.
After her game we high-tailed it home so I could prime the ceilings. As soon as that was done (and I had properly showered) #2 and I headed to her soccer game. Meanwhile, the hubby took #4 to her soccer game. (#3 chose to stay home with #1.)
And can I just tell you - the soccer game I watched was the absolute best I have seen her team play. It is finally all coming together for them. They were passing, playing their positions, helping each other out, and just generally playing at 110% for the entire game. It was such an awesome game to watch! And the best part? We had five goals and all of them were scored by a different girl. That just goes to show you there is not one star player - but a real, true team. So cool!
As for #4, she played with a smile the whole game! Which is a relief because she told me she was only going to play a half. That kid kills me! But damn, is she cute?!
4. That afternoon I managed to paint the ceilings with two coats of paint AND I managed to get up the first coat of paint on the walls. I didn't even have to watch the Husker game because I could tell how we were doing just by listening to the hubby down in the family room! (Yeah, he's LOUD.) Phew!
We ended the evening by the cousins coming over and playing with the girls and joining us for dinner.
5. I started the morning off today with a 6 mile run. It was just too gorgeous not to enjoy. And you know what? The trails here are pretty great!
6. I capped off the morning by painting the second of paint on the walls. The best part? #2 rolled while I cut in. She was so awesome and cut the time by almost half! Plus, it was so great to have company.
This is definitely still an in-progress view but here is where the room is right now:
Forgive the pictures but the celiling fan/light is down and I was chasing the light with my iPhone. Not a great combo.
It's sort of a high/low room. High = Pottery Barn duvet and Low = Target sheets. But I love it. And the little girls are so excited.
We still need pillow shams. I have to paint and upholster the headboards I bought in July. They also need new bed skirts. But I'm calling it down until No-Spend September is over.
7. BONUS! I had two photo sessions this week. Here is a sneak peak from each one.
Loved this kid. He was awesome.
We've been family friends with these guys since our littlest girls were in the Infant room at daycare. In case you are mathematically challenged (and I include myself in that bucket), that is five years! Man, how time flies!
8. BONUS AGAIN! But not really. Just wanted you to know I will be out of town next Sunday. Well, technically I will be getting back into town. But all this to say, don't count on a post next Sunday night. It'll have to be another make up post.
Have a great week, everyone!