Can you believe this is the last Sunday in September?! Holy cow - where did the month go???
Anyway, let's get the show on the road, shall we?
1. I painted the backs of my kitchen cabinets a couple weeks ago but finally took proper photos this past week. Here is the Before:
And here is the After:
And here is another section of cabinets with glass doors. I was getting a terrible reflection from the windows behind me which is why I opened the doors:
I know the difference is subtle, but I'm so pleased. I love how the white dishes and milk glass really pops off the dark, charcoal gray. Seriously, for $3 and some change, I'm wondering why I waited so long!
2. I've been on a roll with paint lately. Nothing is sacred! This past week I decided to paint all the doors upstairs. That's SIX DOORS! And I did it in 3 days. WooHoo! It's virtually impossible to get a good picture and I for sure can't get all six doors in one picture, but this will give you an idea.
I'm in love with the look. It just adds such a great punch - all for a few hours of work. I had the paint laying around in my stash (which is pretty big!) and I figured, why not?! So happy.
Also - let's talk about that mirror. It was hanging up in my room but I had to take it down when I installed the barn doors. We seriously have NO ROOM for it in our master bedroom, so I am seriously considering putting it out in the hall. That way we will all have access to it and it has enough room in front of it where we can use it to get a full view of our outfits. Thoughts? Are you down with it or no? I'm thinking it might actually balance that wall a little bit?
3. In the last two weeks - while working on my numerous paint projects - I've worked my way through a full season and a half of New Girl, and the whole first season of Stranger Things. I don't generally watch a lot of TV but I've fallen in love with Netflix! It makes the time just fly by. Any recommendations for new series? My sister says I should watch The American on Amazon Prime but other than that, I don't know what else to watch!
And I am thinking of sanding and priming the walls in the Little's bathroom (they are currently green stripes) and scraping the ceiling so I will be needing a new series to watch! And if I don't do that, I'm going to paint the nightstands in the master bedroom. Who knows - maybe I'll get to both! That's a lot of opportunity for some serious Netflixing!
4. The three little girls all had Friday afternoon off school. #2 went shopping with friends. And #3 and #4 had their friend, Ellie, over to play. We took advantage of the beautiful day and walked up to Sonic for slushees during Happy Hour. I love doing little things like this - they think it's awesome and for less than $4, they think I am also a "cool" mom. Win-win!
5. I am 90% done decorating for Halloween. I still need some white pumpkins which the grocery store did not have. (They only had "special" pumpkins.) Ugh. That means a separate trip to Home Depot. But, I took pictures and have one preview ready:
The kids - especially the Littles - LOVE the decorations so it's all worth it.
6. Today was 60* and rainy. Add to that - both the Middles had soccer games this morning. That gave me a hankering for a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Since Starbucks uses some questionable ingredients, I decided to try my hand at making my own. (Also - I was way too lazy to leave the house!) Let me tell you - "S - U - C - C- E - S - S. clap-clap That's the way we spell Success." (Name that movie!)
It was so good! Seriously, if you love anything pumpkin, try this recipe! (Hint: It just uses strong coffee.)
If you are too lazy to click the link - just warm up 2 cups milk, 2 Tbls pumpkin puree, 1 Tbls honey. When it's heated up, add 1/2 cup or more strong coffee, 1 Tbls vanilla, and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Top with whipped cream. I was in heaven.
Wow - Those six things just flew by tonight! That's all I've got for you. Have a fabulous week!