OK. It's late. I spent too much time letting #3 comb my hair, then I had to edit pictures (I almost forgot how!), then I had to watch Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. Oy. So I'm going to dive in...
1. #2's BFF made it! Remember last week when I wrote about picking her up from the airport? Well, we did and was so fun to have her around again. She just slid seamlessly into our routine and we treated her like another daughter. But most of all, I was so thankful that #2 had this entire week to spend with her BFF. I know how much she missed Addie and they are already plotting their next get-together. If I can have a hand in creating a life-long friendship, I'll certainly do my best!
Here are the girls right before we left for the airport this afternoon. We hated to send Addie back to Dallas but I was pretty sure her parents wanted her back! Aren't they simply adorable together?
2. Here are a couple iPhone snaps from this week.
#4 has been playing in this laundry basket all week!
I posted this next one on Facebook. My "five" girls.
All my girls were excited for Addie's visit - even #3 and #4!
3. #1 had her first swim meet last Thursday night. Aside from it being a four HOUR event, it was a lot of fun. She swam the free, back, and a relay. I'm not exactly sure how she did against the entire group, but I know she still looks good. And I simply love watching her race. It's so fun!
4. Speaking of swimming, #2 is swimming for the Olathe Cyclones this summer, too. And I think I've finally convinced her to compete in the next meet. I can't wait!
#3 and #4 are also taking swim lessons. We signed them up for a two week boot camp of sorts. They each have lessons from Monday through Thursday for 30 minutes. They started last week and continue this week. I'm hoping the quick 8 days will really jump start their swimming this summer. And so far, so good. If you're looking for this type of swim program, check out McCracken's swim lessons in Olathe. We've been extremely pleased with them! (Our older girls attended but that was years and years ago!)
5. This has been a weekend filled with soccer. Not games, but try-outs. Honestly, I'm glad it's over. I'm ready for a break from running around!
6. I saved the best for last. #2 had her 9th birthday party last Friday night. Of course it was a sleepover - ugh. But honestly, I can't complain at all. The girls were awesome!
She invited 5 friends (including her BFF who flew in for the big event). The best part? Everyone who was invited was able to attend! Seriously, that never happens. Especially in the summer.
We started the night out at the pool where we had pizza, chips, and watermelon for dinner. (And I got to keep the mess out of my house - score!)
After the girls wrapped up their swimming, we headed back to the house for face painting. They were all so excited! They spent tons of time on the internet researching their designs. And I have to say, they were all really, really creative!
Here are the close-ups...
We didn't make it out onto the deck for cake until about 10pm! Of course the late hour didn't slow down these girls - oh no.
We ended the evening by opening gifts. She received great, thoughtful gifts. But my favorite part? The homemade cards or the really personable notes included in store-bought cards. They were crazy, stupid, and hilarious! I love that these girls all get along so well and had so much fun together. I was really happy that #2 had a fantastic birthday party!
And there you have it! Have a great week.