I really don't have an excuse for not blogging last night. Honestly, it was a busy weekend and I was tired. And it was the season finale of The Good Wife. I really only have a few shows - ok two shows - I watch and that is one of them. The other? The Voice. I think that's all. But I digress...
1. #4 has two little speech impediments. Is that what you call them? Anyway, it's really cute. She pronounces her "c" sounds like "t" sounds. She asks for tookies (cookies) a lot due to a major sweet tooth she inherited from her dad. She also runs around the house yelling for "Taroline!" (Caroline.) Of course we don't correct her because we knew it will disappear all too soon.
Her other one? She loves to go to gymnastics and gets all excited about it. Saturday morning she told me, "I'm going to go on the wings because I weally yike them ayot!" Translation? (I admit I had to ask #2 to translate the first part.) "I'm going to go on the rings because I really like them a lot!"
2. We seem to have bad luck quite often. And last week was so exception. Our microwave broke. Again. After the second time in a year or two, the hubby decided it was time for a new one. I didn't really care either way - I just wanted a WORKING microwave. Well, it's finally up!
After the hubby got it home, got the bracket on the wall, we tried to hang it up. We tried for three DAYS to hang it up. Finally, last Friday at 6:30am, we realized it was too long for the space. Since we have tile on the wall that goes all the way up to the bottom of the microwave, we had to cut the top of the cabinet. And by "we", I mean the hubby. Thankfully, it was Chad to the rescue again. The hubby borrowed some handy-dandy tool and cut off about 1/2" of the cabinet front. And now? The microwave is installed and working. WooHoo!!
3. Tonight I had a parent meeting for #1 at the MIDDLE SCHOOL! Yes. I said middle school. I can hardly believe #1 is almost done with fifth grade. Man, did that time fly?! I'm excited for her and a little nervous. I remember junior high. It wasn't great. It wasn't terrible. I was teased mercilessly but took it well. And I hope I was able to give a little crap to the teasers, too. I hope my girls have a slightly easier time. We shall see...
4. I was able to work on the french chair I bought last September. It's completely reupholstered. I just have to glue the trim on to the hide the staples. I'll reveal it soon. I think it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself.
5. Sunday morning I woke up at 6am, got dressed, ate my peanut butter toast, and sat drinking my coffee, all ready to go for a nice, long run...when BOOM! Thunder! Ugh. After texting Carmen and consulting the radar, we decided to stay put. I don't mind running in the rain but I don't do lightening. So sad. I got up early for nothing.
But...when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. I decided to make homemade donuts thanks to Peas and Thank You. They turned out so well. They tasted like a cross between donuts, Christmas cookies, and sugar cookies.
And aren't they pretty?
6. Other than all that, we had a nice weekend. Gymnastics, two soccer games, volleyball...nothing crazy. We're sort of in the groove and our weekends have a nice flow to them.
Have a great week!