Howdy! I'm here tonight but I'm not sure I'll be here next Sunday. We're headed to Lincoln for the game next weekend and I'm not sure I'll be able to stay awake past 8:30pm next Sunday.
1. We have a major problem here in our household. #2 pierced her ears back when she was 5 years old. Once she started rotating earrings, her ears got infected and she let them grow shut. This past summer she got them re-pierced. I had vowed not to take her again, but I did it. Fast forward to now...
Her ears keep getting infected. Ugh. At first we thought she just couldn't wear those cheap earrings from Claire's. So we only bought her sterling silver earrings. However, that didn't help at all. They are still getting infected and we are cleaning them religiously. I did a little internet research and now I'm wondering if she can only wear gold earrings? I went out yesterday and bought her 14k gold earrings. Do you think it'll help? Does anyone have any experience with this? We're dying here...she is my DRAMATIC daughter and I get mad at her when she flinches before I even tough her ears. It's not good. Not good at all. If you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them!!
2. #1 and I made Apple Pie Cookies last weekend. They were delectable. Seriously. If you have two hours to spare (not really much of an exaggeration), you should make them. With Honeycrisp apples. Only double the recipe. Here is our finished product. They do not look nearly as good as they tasted!
3. I went for a long run today - 8 miles. I haven't done an official long run (past 6 miles) in awhile. It was hard. And I am sore! Thankfully I went with my friend, Carmen. She ran the Chicago marathon three weeks ago and has taken time off since then. So she was slow and I was slow - a happy occurrence. And there is no way I would have gotten my bum out of bed if she hadn't been waiting for me at 7am! But all in all, it was a beautiful morning and a GREAT way to start my day. Loved it!
4. #1 had a going-away sleepover party for one of her really good friends. Her friend, Ashley, is moving across the country. Ashley's a doll and her family is awesome so it's quite sad. However, I was able to do a mini-shoot with the five party girls for a few minutes last week. This is what I was able to capture. (Getting five 10 year olds to listen is HARD. They giggle. A lot!)
5. Last night our family headed over to my sister's house to carve pumpkins. My parents were in town, too. It was great! My mom cooked dinner and we messed up my sister's house with pumpkin guts. The girls had a blast carving pumpkins. Except that by the time #2 got the pattern marked on her pumpkin, she was done. Enter my dad. He finished it up in no time. I'll have to get a picture of them tomorrow night. They're great! Here are the in-progress scenes:
Since #4 is a little too young to do much, she made her own fun.
6. It was a busy weekend for me. I had three photoshoots. Here's a sneak peek from each one!
That's it. That's all I've got tonight. Have a great week!